Monday 27 November 2006

Here is an image from moleiro dot com where you can see all of the Liebana Beatus Manuscripts - very inspiring. Ranging, from about the mid seventh to mid twelfth century these works are highly animated, richly coloured and cosmilogical in their depictions of realms of good and evil. I think that that their difference or remarkability is most probably down to the fact that they were influenced by the Mozarabic, Islamic and Carolingian visual cultures.

After I came back from Spain following the completion of my masters degree, say by, about 1995 - I definitly was influenced by these manuscripts, in terms of my own output artistically.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi there
Its always good to have a response to posts and if you'd like to,
sign up to receive my bi monthly newsletter..................................
The link to it is on the horizontal navigation bar at the top of the blog.