Monday 27 November 2006

This monotype which I then worked into using chalk pastel and pencil pastels began to reflect on that feeling of psychological zones. The red being the lifeblood or animalistic - the blue being the spiritual or intellectual and then the beige representing a more grounded aspect to the self. The main figure I suppose might be self-representational. But it certainly appears as if it is going on a journey. Within it’s parameters, are objects that it owns or that are important.
There is also a sense of there being another figure which perhaps is like a ‘guardian angel’ - this was a huge 'magical' concept in my evolving imagination as a child, who was reared in the Catholic Ireland.

I also feel that the little figure on the left (who has appeared in other artworks) is that child who was me - looking on and not having a clue as to what was going on. At the same time she is ‘awe struck’ and curious to know more, see more, touch more – to find my way into that 'special' place. That special place was/is the imagination. And really it was my own imagination - that is, which has kept me going……… all of my life. Without it I am nothing……there would be no point. I often refer to it pictorially, in various artworks where I depict a sense of a quest of searching and looking.

1 comment:

  1. cool - thanks for getting in touch with me. and thanks for showing helen my blog.

    I love your blog, what a good way of getting you're art out there for everyone to see. You are a wonderful artist, helen was very complimentary. Keep in touch.

    Austin Tyler

    ReplyDelete

Hi there
Its always good to have a response to posts and if you'd like to,
sign up to receive my bi monthly newsletter..................................
The link to it is on the horizontal navigation bar at the top of the blog.