Monday 4 December 2006

BIMPE IV, 2006 - international printmaking exhib.



This is the web site where I found my old buddy - Angelo Evelyn's artwork. I quite like this one as there's a serious side as well as humour. Knowing his preferred techniques, it may be litho or possibly screenprint. When I know for sure I will enter the data here. There were loads of other stimulating and excellent artworks on view - but I could only feature a few here.

The second image which you see on your left, is by Georgina Arce, called "Maria" . It seems she came third place in the previous Bimpe(III) competition.

The third image which is to your left, is the winner of Bimpe 2006 by





Mikolaj Smolinski

I really love this one !! It is intaglio and I like the way the stringyness 'sculpts' the form of the wee beasty. Well just the whole look/feel of the thing.

it's called "Roped Boar"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi there
Its always good to have a response to posts and if you'd like to,
sign up to receive my bi monthly newsletter..................................
The link to it is on the horizontal navigation bar at the top of the blog.