Monday 30 July 2007

Eimearjean Mc Cormack


Came across this Irish artists work on a website called Canvas ie.
I like her way of working, for example this is a mono print on silkscreen. Perhaps it's a trace monotype. Or maybe it has been collaged onto the surface of the screenprint. I can see no reason not to proceed thus as I am not a "purist" where printmaking is concerned.
I think that there are so many people making prints with landscape scenes or still life type images or heaven forbid nudes.....zzzzz.......... oh it gets so boring.

Anyway I like the simplicity and essential nature of this work.
Speaking of playing about with how one makes works using printmaking techniques, on Thursday and Friday of this week I went to the print workshop to make some small print works for a project and these involved me using hard ground plates on top of chine colle digital images on Japanese paper as well as the usual chine colle coloured papers which I purchased over a year ago at Falkiners in London.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi there
Its always good to have a response to posts and if you'd like to,
sign up to receive my bi monthly newsletter..................................
The link to it is on the horizontal navigation bar at the top of the blog.