Monday 6 August 2007

Tagged Part 2 of 8 ; facts(snippets) about me

2.

I had two long term dolls,when I was a little girl and they were called Dolores and Miranda.

Miranda was a black doll she was very pretty and had blue-ish black skin and that was quite innovative of my mother when I think of it. I certainly never met any other little girls who had a doll like mine. However a consequence of Miranda occurred one time when we as a family were on one of our many visits to England from Ireland to see my relatives.

We boarded a train at Victoria station in London and it was pretty busy. It was one of those lovely old fashioned ones such as those depicted in old Agatha Christie movies, with a carriage where three people sit facing one another. We sat into one hurriedly whereupon I exclaimed excitedly "Look like my doll...is that a doll Mammy ?" I have no idea what the poor woman thought about my behaviour but it was explained to me later. But she really did look like a doll to me and I was absolutely amazed. I never knew which of my dolls I loved the most because I loved them both.......a bit like the way I love my cats who are very different to one another. Oh by the way Delores had auburn hair and blue eyes.

1 comment:

  1. I had one of those! I'm about the same age as you too. I played with this one much more than with the big blonde baby doll I also had. Oh, I also had a 'bride' doll dressed in a trousseau but I cut her hair and got my mum to make a modern 1950's wardrobe for her! :-D

    ReplyDelete

Hi there
Its always good to have a response to posts and if you'd like to,
sign up to receive my bi monthly newsletter..................................
The link to it is on the horizontal navigation bar at the top of the blog.