Monday 20 August 2007

Unimaginative..............??


This image which I came across on the LACDA website in relation to the annual "Snap to Grid" exhibition that they host. It is by an American artist called Charlie Siebert.
I think I found this in their 'juried' exhibition section and it struck a chord - echoes of Hieronymous Bosch I suppose. It always annoys me that it is so difficult to see his painting in a format whereby you can really see close up what is going on. I remember being disappointed on seeing a painting of his at the Louvre in Paris because it was so small. It's just that each of his paintings is a universe in itself almost.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi there
Its always good to have a response to posts and if you'd like to,
sign up to receive my bi monthly newsletter..................................
The link to it is on the horizontal navigation bar at the top of the blog.