Sunday 23 September 2007

Stem Cells, Nervous System and Layering






I have finally gotten on a bit further with this Cobalt print. For the Periodic Print Element Table project

I had researched some imagery, a few weeks back but there was not anything definite planned with those in particular. These are unavailable to me at present, in any event, as the laptop they are on, is in the PC hospital getting 'fixed'.

I did a bit more research yesterday focusing still on the benefit that vitamin B12 vis vis Cobalt, has, on the nervous system. Also it's use for the treatment of anaeamia in pregnancy. That was how I settled on those "cobalt babs" (as I refer to them) - proofs/plates are viewable in the back kitchen studio.

I very much like the image of stem cells which relate to the nervous system that I found – these are very beautiful. I am using these most probably as my initial ground.
I have played around with layering these images in Photoshop, bearing in mind what I can do on my press with the collagraph and using some of the elements printed out onto Japanese paper, which I have just done. Thank goodness the Epson R2400 printer, did not 'play up”!!

I think the next thing I will do is have a go, at printing an image, on the inkjet printer, ONTO printmaking paper to see how that goes.

In the end then I would hope to combine these three processes at the very least i.e.,

chine colle
an image on the printmaking paper) made with inkjet)
collagraph

I will print the stem cell imagery out onto printmaking paper, then chine colle onto that with imagery printed onto Japanese paper and finally some print plates of one kind or another.


I could additionally utilise monoprint and offset............we shall see, we shall see.
_____________________________________________________________________

1 comment:

  1. Hi Aine,

    Thank you so much for visiting my blog and letting me know you stopped by. :)

    It was interesting to view your site because my husband is a fine artist as well. I am going to show him your blog once he gets home.

    It is wonderful that you live in Edinburgh. I used to live in Guisborough, which is near Glasgow and Dumbarton years ago. I also lived in England for a bit (loved Scotland so much more than England) and moved back to the States. I miss Scotland a lot and hope to travel there again. I wouldn't mind living there again. Who knows what the future holds.

    When I was writing in my blog about my dog's hair being like cotton candy, I remembered that the term is "candy floss" in the UK and included that as well. :)

    I agree with what you said in your comments on my blog...pets are wonderful and lovely. Yes, they can be very annoying and we have quite a few pets (three cats...two of which are inside and one outside, one dog, a blue and gold macaw, and goldfish). It's a lot of maintenance and responsibility, but definitely worth it! I love them all.

    Thankfully HoneyBunny isn't yappy. It's strange because I know a lot of small dogs that can get on people's nerves, but she is quite good.

    I'm sorry to hear that you have health problems and are in a lot of pain. I definitely feel for you and hope that you get better. Yes, being in pain can get you down and then there this is that to deal with as well. I will be thinking of you and wish you the very best.

    I enjoy your blog and will stop in again. Please stop by mine as well. It would be lovely for you to visit.

    ReplyDelete

Hi there
Its always good to have a response to posts and if you'd like to,
sign up to receive my bi monthly newsletter..................................
The link to it is on the horizontal navigation bar at the top of the blog.