Thursday 31 January 2008

Mary Fairgrieve, Artist Printmaker





I came across somebody today who spoke with such passion and enthusiasm for her printmaking practice that it struck a chord in me reminding me of my own journey into and through fine art. I was telling Mary how I had spent years doing painting, only realizing in about 1993 that it wasn't the right vehicle for me. It was that point that I took up printmaking and felt a lot happier about my creative outcomes.

I like to work with line and symbols, i.e., to signify an emotion or a memory - that is, in a way, putting things at their simplest. Color is not as important to me as it used to be, although nowadays I tend to like more subtle colors.

Speaking of color, I like how Mary uses this in her works although the two that I have chosen to represent here are black and white. These are probably my favorite of the works that she has available to view
on her website.  http://www.facethisway.co.uk



No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi there
Its always good to have a response to posts and if you'd like to,
sign up to receive my bi monthly newsletter..................................
The link to it is on the horizontal navigation bar at the top of the blog.