Thursday 31 July 2008

Sharron Coffin

Somehow or other I ended up on the New England Monotype Guild's website recently and I really liked this image by an artist called Sharon Coffin.


I think it is for the nature of the image itself as well as the sparcity in the sense that it didn't really have an edge. I had to impose that be adding a visual thin black frame.

The other monotype of Sharron's, that I quite was/is the one here with the darker palette of blues. I found the initial image in the Guild's 20th Anniversary exhibition which is online at their website. The blue image I located at Sharon's own website.






You can check out more of her work at her website



There was one other image which I found to be really calming, relaxing and just very visually appealing was that of a face and a turtle perhaps(?) underwater. Its by an artist called Linda Horvitz Post. More of her work can be seen on her Saatchi website portfolio

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi there
Its always good to have a response to posts and if you'd like to,
sign up to receive my bi monthly newsletter..................................
The link to it is on the horizontal navigation bar at the top of the blog.