Saturday 11 October 2008

Sylvia Buettner colourful world of animals + artefacts




Today, I received notice of an exhibition of the work of Sylvia Buettner being opened just about now. If I was in a position to, then I would love to attend.

In her prints and drawings, I like how she interplays animals (of whom many, are from the monkey family) as well as artefacts from various cultures - these often include musical instruments. Her use of colour and composition is beautiful and there's an overall sense of whimsy, meditation and wonder in these pieces.
To see more of her work http://www.hanumette.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi there
Its always good to have a response to posts and if you'd like to,
sign up to receive my bi monthly newsletter..................................
The link to it is on the horizontal navigation bar at the top of the blog.