Sunday 27 December 2009

Making Miniprints 3


A couple of other things I tried out were drypoint on propylene and scribing into Lascaux acrylic hard ground to use in a collagraph.  I had 2 or three images of a human and a dog which I quite liked and thought I would see how they looked.  With the  propylene I used a diamond tip  drypoint tool as I prefer it to the carbide tip and think it gives a better line.

I found that I could get a finer line by applying a layer of the Lascaux acrylic hard ground to the thin sheet of aluminium that I had.   I applied this with a pro arte brush which is soft, a bit like a watercolour brush but somewhat firmer.  You need to apply that to the plate in a couple of thin layers in opposing directions.  It only takes about 15 mins to dry.  I have never measured the exact time as I usually do something else while its taking place.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi there
Its always good to have a response to posts and if you'd like to,
sign up to receive my bi monthly newsletter..................................
The link to it is on the horizontal navigation bar at the top of the blog.